Series: Divergent #3
Published by HarperCollins on 2013 October 22
Buy on Amazon
The faction-based society that Tris Prior once believed in is shattered - fractured by violence and power struggles and scarred by loss and betrayal. So when offered a chance to explore the world past the limits she's known, Tris is ready. Perhaps beyond the fence, she and Tobias will find a simple new life together, free from complicated lies, tangled loyalties, and painful memories.
But Tris's new reality is even more alarming than the one she left behind. Old discoveries are quickly rendered meaningliess. Explosive new truths change the hearts of those she loves. And once again, Tris must battle to comprehend to complexities of human nature - and of herself - while facing impossible choices about courage, allegiance, sacrifice, and love.
Told from a riveting dual perspective, ALLEGIANT, by #1 New York Times best-selling author Veronica Roth, brings the DIVERGENT series to a powerful conclusion while revealing the secrets of the dystopian world that has captivated millions of readers in DIVERGENT and INSURGENT.
How To Turn A Writing Success Into a Failure In a Subtle Way?
- Write an awesome and original story- Like a dystopian world where people are divided into factions according to their virtues.
- Ensure that the characters are badass but selfless and compassionate. This is a very good recipe to make potential fans rally behind your characters.
- It would also be good if the story put a solid emphasis on female strength.
- Complicate the story of each Main character by involving them in a to-die for and non-instalovey romance. You can even whip out a love triangle but a lot of fans are already tired of that so why not try for the good ol’ romance?
- After your fans are fully controlled by the “I LOVE YOUR BOOK SO MUCH” serum and you are rolling on the greens, write a second book.
- Make sure that the plot of the second book is just going round and round. But you have to do it in a manner that wouldn’t be noticed by the fans. The greens aren’t yet enough, duh! So what’re you gonna do? Throw in a lot of nonsensical action and romantic scenes. Your loyal fans will just lap it up.
- Write the 3rd and last book.
- Do not worry if you have a writer’s block. That’s what plot devices are for. Just make another illogical storyline as you write along.
- Do not make an effort to develop the secondary characters.
- Attempt for a grand ending by pulling a crude J.K. Rowling or George RR Martin stunt.
- Rejoice and make a snow angel on your greens.
Verdict: Buy this book only if you’re the type who wants a series closure or wants to complete the Divergent collection.( May I suggest for you to buy the e-book copy at Barnes and Noble because it only costs 6.99 $?) But if you aren’t, better borrow the book from the library.