Series: Interim Goddess Of Love #1
Published by Bright Girl Books on 2012 January 14
Buy on Amazon
College sophomore Hannah Maquiling doesn't know why everyone tells her their love problems. She's never even had a boyfriend, but that doesn't stop people from spilling their guts to her, and asking for advice. So maybe it shouldn't be a surprise when the cutest guy in school tells her that she's going to have to take on this responsibility -- but for all humanity.
The Goddess of Love has gone AWOL. It's a problem, because her job is to keep in check this world's obsession with love (and lack of it). The God of the Sun, for now an impossibly handsome senior at an exclusive college just outside of Metro Manila, thinks Hannah has what it takes to (temporarily) do the job.
While she's learning to do this goddess thing, she practices on the love troubles of shy Kathy, who's got a secret admirer on campus. Hannah's mission, should she choose to accept it, is to make sure that he's not a creepy stalker and they find their happily ever after -- or at least something that'll last until next semester. (As if she could refuse! The Sun God asked so nicely. And he's so, well, hot.)
Dear Miss Mina,
Please be informed that I am once again frustrated with the shortness of your novel. Just an hour and a half ago, I was pretty sure that I was still at ~page 35. How did I arrive at page 114 without me knowing it? I was still enjoying reading Hannah’s progress on being the interim Goddess of Love. How can you end my happiness?
I won’t be reading books 2 and 3 until the succeeding weeks. They are reserved for Filipiniana Sundays 2 and 3. Can you imagine the kind of torture I’m undergoing through right now? Suddenly, I can’t get enough of your books. I am scared that this would lead me into becoming a glutton for your books. I have to stop myself from taking a peek into the next book lest I become a sinner for the 7 deadly sins and waste my life in Hell.
Now, Miss Mina, I have some few demands to make before I dive into the succeeding sequels:
- I must see a lot of Quin in the Queen of the Clueless
- I’ve never been a fan of Filipino Mythology until now. I need to read more of it in the second book. I want to get to know Bathala and his family in a more intimate fashion…if you know what I mean. I want to meet Quin and Vida’s other siblings. I want to know the extent of their powers.
- I want to read more about Diego. Is he a sibling, cousin, uncle of Quin?
- I want to see Hannah handling “projects” outside Ford River College.
- I want to understand why, of all colleges, did these gods choose to go to Ford River?
- I want to see Hannah ending up with Quin. Robbie seems like a nice guy but where’s the fun in that?
- Hannah should be able to see the dwelling of Bathala and his family in the next book. Ford River College is a nice setting but visiting other Filipino mythical places would be AWESOME.
If these demands aren’t met, I’m gonna flood your e-mail, blog, twitter, facebook, pinterest, cellphone with demands for you to write a fourth or fifth or sixth and so forth and so on Interim Goddess of Love sequel. I will only stop hounding you until my demands are fully satisfied or…my expectations exceeded. Do we have a deal, Miss Mina?
Remember, this is not an empty threat.