Before you think about mental disorder or anything related to that, please be assured that I don’t have any intention to drag you into my other world. What I want to talk about is this thing that had been nagging me since…uhm… I don’t know for how long. One thing is certain though: every time I watch a movie or read a book, I always find myself crying. I know that that sounds insensible because books or movies exist for us to be entertained… to meet characters whom we can cry or laugh with. So crying is definitely normal. But according to my 3 siblings and even my intimate friends that “my crying” is already beyond normalcy. They couldn’t understand why I easily tear up on book/movie scenes that they think do not deserve to be cried over. My other sister once told me that I chose the wrong career when I would have done well in becoming a soap opera actress.
I seriously can’t understand why they are reacting that way when I think that it is perfectly alright to cry about soppy scenes or if your favorite characters are undergoing an emotional turmoil. But they think it’s an overreaction on my part. Just to give you specific examples of what book/movie scenes that made me cry, here they are:
- I cried in Transformers 1, 2 and 3. Optimus and the gang may be made of pure steel but still, they deserve human compassion.
- I cried when Tony Starke gave that boy awesome gifts at the end portion of Iron Man 3. Well, that was kind of heartwarming.
- HP 4: I cried when Ron gave Dobby a shrinked sweatshirt.
- HP 4: I cried when Harry gave George and Fred his Triwizard Tournament winnings.
- HP7: I cried when Molly gave Fabian’s battered watch to Harry on his 17th birthday.
- World War Z Film: I cried when Brad Pitt took care of Segen while they’re inside the plane in Jerusalem.
- Requiem 3: I cried when Lena and her mother made up even if I was angry about the whole book.
- The Hunger Games Novel: I cried at the first chapters of the book when Katniss was describing her family’s life. Well, who wouldn’t cry for an underdog, right?
- The Dark Knight Rises: I especially cried when Bane and Talia al Ghul’s stories were revealed.
These are just some examples of the things that would really make me cry. And if I have to list all of them, Google might just see a reason for deleting my blog under the ground of spamming. I admit that I easily tear up even on little things. I also cry when I’m angry that it’s driving me mad. I can’t help it. But the most surprising thing is, I am not a crybaby when it comes to my romantic life. Boys can go to hell for all I care. I am not even affected if people tells me that I’m fat and I should drop some weight. Or even when some of my arrogant office mates bully me because they think they can. I just shrug about it. But when it comes to soap operas, I break down like hell… complete with pool of tears, heartache, runny nose, and difficulty in breathing. I know it’s crazy, it’s like I’m having a dual personality.
Can you please tell me whether what I’m going through is normal or is this midlife crisis or I’m having an emotional disorder that needs immediate professional help? O_O